Increasingly, more and more consumers are turning to technological advances to improve the quality of their lives. In recent years, whole house batteries are gaining in popularity, especially as more of us work remotely from home or with a hybrid work model. A whole house battery backup system stores energy that is generated either from a home’s solar panels or from the grid when electricity is available. This stored energy can then be used to power the home during power outages or during peak demand periods when electricity costs more.
A whole house battery backup system consists of three components- a battery that stores the energy, the inverter, which converts the DC electricity that is stored in the battery to AC that can be used to power home appliances. Additionally, the inverter regulates the flow of electricity from the grid/solar panels to the battery to ensure that your battery is always charged and ready to go when needed. Home battery backup systems also come with a monitoring system to track energy usage and status, such as the amount of energy that is stored, and how much is being used in real-time.
There are several major advantages to installing a whole house battery backup system as ancillary power:
- You Will Always Have Power: Whole house batteries offer an uninterrupted power supply even during grid blackouts. This means your work and your daily lives can proceed without disruption. Everything in your home can be powered by whole house batteries — even your EV (electric-powered car)!
- Lower Energy Costs: over time, you can save on your electric bills by drawing power from your home battery backup system instead of the grid during peak periods.
- Good for the Planet: Energy that is stored in a whole house battery backup system helps to lower your carbon footprint, lessening negative environmental impacts.
- Greater Reliability: The unit’s monitoring system alerts homeowners when battery power is low or requires maintenance, so your home will have a reliable power source at all times.
- Return on Investment (ROI): A whole house battery backup system will likely increase the value of your home. In addition, as energy costs continue on an upward trajectory, having a home backup power system will prove to be a positive selling point should you plan to sell your residence in the foreseeable future.
PowerPro is the name Long Islanders trust to provide the best brands in whole house battery backup systems. We invite you to contact our professionals with your questions or to learn more about how whole house batteries can save you money and keep your lights on no matter what the weather. Give us a call today!